Delighted to feature in The Times with our lock-down story. Read the full article here.
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we are proud to have been at the centre of the local community and thank our staff and our customers for making the following possible:
- Helped start a local food bank for the Steyning area
- Raised over £3,000 (and counting) for local food banks
- Right at the start of the crisis, we offered to match any customer donations to local food banks and we were overwhelmed by the response of donations of goods and cash. We have matched these donations pound for pound
- Donating fresh fruit and vegetables to every food parcel that the food bank sent out to families across the ENTIRE Horsham District Council area. This means that healthy, tasty treats like cherry tomatoes, grapes and satsumas get delivered as well as just the basics
- Worked with our local school supplying free or cost price fruit and vegetables for the 180 vulnerable families they were supporting through the lock-down
- Provided a free healthy meal for our staff every day
- Delivered over 1,000 home deliveries to the vulnerable in the local area
- Kept our shelves fully stocked throughout the crisis by relying on our established network of local suppliers – a marked difference to the large supermarkets!